Compensation and Benefits
- Training and coaching in curriculum
- Professional skill building
- Deeper community involvement
- Biweekly living allowance
- Education award and student loan forbearance
- Health insurance (full-time)
- Childcare assistance (full-time)
Stipend of $484 biweekly
Education award of $4,645
Limited benefits for health insurance
Stipend of $242 biweekly
Education award of $2,822
- Strong interest in education, specifically helping young children practice reading skills
- Experience working with children, preferably as a literacy tutor
- Dedication to community service
- Computer skills, including the ability to navigate and use online database systems and e-mail
- Speak, read, and write English fluently
- Organized, responsible, flexible, motivated, professional
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to accept and incorporate constructive feedback from coaches and program staff
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Ability to commit to 11 months of service (most tutors will begin August 10, 2014)
o Full-time tutors complete 1720 hours (about 40 hours/week)
o Part-time tutors complete 920 hours (about 20 hours/week).
- High school diploma or GED and must be at least 18-years-old
- As per federal AmeriCorps regulations, you must be a U.S. Citizen or lawful Permanent Resident Alien
How To Apply:
We would like to place a member before May 30, 2014.
Strong preference is given to tutors who can start serving August 10, 2014.
One year. This year. Serve to grow.