MTS Elementary is a family-focused learning environment that is located near a park in northeast Minneapolis. A tuition-free, public school, MTS Elementary is a member of the Minnesota Transition Charter School, a K-12 academic community.
Our home is a modern-designed school building with natural sunlight-filled classrooms. The small student count in each of our K-6 classrooms creates a unique and individualized learning environment. We know our students, and our students know the staff.
At MTS Elementary, student growth is a priority, and we believe in the power of potential of each of our students. We also know that partnering with the community increases opportunities for students and strengthens the greater community.
Currently, our partnerships include:
- Livio Health Group:
Onsite services offered Wednesdays from 8:30-10:30 am
- David Hoy and Associates:
Provides Children’s Therapeutic Support Service
- East Side Neighborhood Services
- A Chance to Grow
- Reading Corps – Grades 1-3
- DNR Forest
- Standards-based planning and instruction
- Art and Physical Education offered on a rotating basis
- Teach Like a Champion: Powerful teaching techniques to help our students become college and career ready
- Daily 5: Our framework for structuring literacy time so students develop lifelong habits of reading, writing and working independently
- Daily 3: Our framework for structuring math time so students develop deep conceptual understanding and mathematical proficiency
- Family Groups: Crossgrade teams that meet weekly around standards-based themes
- Uniforms: One set provided to each student at no cost
- Student Leadership Team
- Family engagement activities planned throughout the year
MTS Elementary is the feeder school for MTS Secondary and begins the MTS K-12 academic experience. Where as MTS Elementary is in northeast Minneapolis, MTS Secondary is located in south Minneapolis.
For more information about MTS Elementary or to tour the school, please contact email@example.com.