The health and safety of students and staff is very important at MTCS. We are aware of attention and concerns about the Coronovirus and want families to know that MTCS is staying informed about the virus and we are watching for any new information that comes from the Centers for Disease Control, Minnesota Department of Health or the Minnesota Department of Education. We will take all necessary precautions at all of our schools to keep students, staff and families safe.
This is the current information on the CDPH website for coronavirus: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/Immunization/nCOV2019.aspx
Current information from the Minnesota Department of Health: https://contacts.google.com/?hl=en&tab=mC1
What are the symptoms of novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV)? Typically, human coronaviruses cause mild-to-moderate respiratory illness. Pay attention to symptoms which are very similar to the flu, including:
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
What can you do to help safeguard your family? The practices that protect you from all virus and disease are also good practice with the coronavirus:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Cover your mouth and nose with your elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth if your hands aren’t clean.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who is sick.
- Clean surfaces you often touch.
- Stay home from work, school and public areas if you’re sick.