MTCS Social Workers & Family Liaisons
MTS Secondary and Powell Leadership Academy
Family Liaison/Teen Parent Advocate
- American Indian Family Center: Culturally meaningful mental health programming and resources for children, adults and families. Call 651-793-3803.
- CLUES (Comunidades Latinas Unidas En Servicio): Mental health, chemical health, community health and other family support services which focus on the Latino family as well as new immigrants and low income families. Call 651-379-4200.
- Mental Health Association of Minnesota – Multicultural Resources: Resources and service providers serving diverse populations throughout Minnesota.
- Minnesota Department of Health Resources Serving Diverse Communities: Health service resource directory outlining providers specializing in serving diverse populations state-wide.
- Volunteers of America Somali & East African Behavioral Health Services Program: Culturally and language specific behavioral health services for Somali and East African youth and adults, and their families.
As school social workers, we are viewed as the link between the school, home and the community.
We are a part of the educational team to promote and support students academic and social success by providing services that may include:
- Assessing student needs
- Help manage mental health symptoms
- Individual and group therapeutic services
- Crisis intervention and prevention
- Work with both general education and special education students
- Advocating for students
- Education and training for parents and staff
- Information and collaboration with community resources
- Knowledgeable about rights for our homeless students and families
School social workers help students to:
- cope with difficult and crisis situations
- develop self-esteem
- learn problem solving, conflict resolution, and healthy decision making skills
- have positive and healthy relationships
In order to eliminate barriers to our students and families, the Stephan Graham Resource Center was created in memory of the late Stephan Graham. This is a space that has clothing, hygiene products, household items, coats, blankets, food, backpacks, shoes, boots, and baby supplies available for our students and families. If you are in need of any of these items, please contact Courtney.