We know it can be challenging to offer all the classes that your students need and want.
We want to help you help your students, without losing them to another school. MDE allows students to take up to half their classes with Minnesota Virtual Schools while still maintaining their full time ADM student status in your school.
By offering some of our classes to your students, you can expand your school’s specialty curriculum without having to add staff or other constraints to school’s already tight budgets.
MNVS can help you offer students things like:
- Options to a variety of prerequisite or honors courses
- Adaptive PE courses to meet a variety of student need, ability and schedules
- Help students adapt their schedules to fit with their block/work program
We are here to help you and your students.
Here’s how it works for students.
Students log into their online classes. They can work at their own pace with their own schedule, with access to their coursework 24/7, with teacher support during the day and by appointment after hours. That means students can go to your school during the day, and work on a language or PE class (for example) in the evening.
Our classes and support are exceptional and meet all state requirements.
Here’s what it means to your school:
- Your students remain and graduate from your school
- We offer an easy enrollment process
- No cost to students or families
- Duration and selection of course(s) are approved by you, school counselor/dean
- All material is online through written and video content
- Courses are aligned to the Minnesota Department of Education Academic Standards
- Fully NCAA Approved
- Bi-weekly progress reports provided
- We will send your school transcripts with the letter grade for each completed course
Tell me how MNVS Supplemental/Part-Time can work for my students.