So, what makes MTS stand out?
The elementary school has a unique location in Northeast Minneapolis with a thriving garden and DNR School Forest. As a fun, special Fall project, MTS […]
This year MTS Elementary hours are from 7:30 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. You should receive your bus pick-up and drop-off times on a card in […]
MTS Elementary is a loving, nurturing, and learning community that cares about your child. We are committed to providing support and encouragement. We develop student self-confidence along with the right tools for academic success.
Our school is enjoying its second year in Northeast Minneapolis at a beautiful location with plenty of room to grow. Features of the school are: beautiful sunlit classrooms, a full gym, library and even has its own gardens and a small forest—all right next to a park.
Along with a focus on academics, the school has a lively program called Family Groups, where students across grades, in small groups gather on Friday mornings and explore three units during the school year: Arts, Science, and Careers. Where else will a Kindergartner get the benefit of exploring a career as a doctor, build a rocket, and make a painting like Monet—side by side with a Fifth grader?
MTS Elementary is a free K-5 public charter school.
At MTS we are inspired by:
- Arts and science
- Curiosity of our students
- Expertise of our teachers
- Commitment of our parents
- Small class sizes, an average of 20 students
- Extended transportation area for students
- A community: uniforms, weekly school assemblies, our own student created rouser, an active student council and leadership opportunities
- School-wide events throughout the year