P.E.A.S.E. Academy: an acronym for Peers Enjoying a Sober Education, is the oldest recovery high school in the United States, serving students in recovery since February 1989. Located in the heart of Dinkytown, P.E.A.S.E. Academy offers an incredible array of opportunities that can be found at the University of Minnesota and the thriving metropolitan area of the Twin Cities.
P.E.A.S.E. Academy is a campus of Minnesota Transitions Charter School and is open to qualifying students from any school district in Minnesota. We are an accredited four-year high school whose graduates have gone on to the Step Up Program at Augsburg College, University of Minnesota – Twin Cities and Duluth, Metropolitan State University, Minneapolis College of Art and Design, North Dakota State University, and numerous community and technical colleges throughout the metropolitan area. P.E.A.S.E. Academy encourages all students to plan for post-secondary education and assists students in realizing these goals.
P.E.A.S.E. Academy staff, students, families, and board create a community to:
- Acknowledge and affirm individuals
- Support responsible choices that strengthen sobriety
- Develop each individual’s capacity to succeed
- Empower students to grow in mind, body, and spirit
- Encourage the search for a greater sense of purpose
- Celebrate each day of living in recovery