To provide learning experiences with high expectations that support academic growth and enhance individual character in partnership with students, families and community within a supportive, safe and stable environment
Bringing our mission to life:
At MTS Elementary we are walking our walk and talking our talk.
- first session- after school programming; Mondays 2:30-4:30
- Ms Misgen’s & Ms Doyle’s classes attend Junior Achievement’s BizTown
- JA BizTown combines in-class learning with a day-long visit to a simulated town. This popular program allows elementary school students to operate banks, manage restaurants, write checks, and vote for mayor. The program helps students connect the dots between what they learn in school and the real world.
- JA in a Day – all grade event
- led by MTCS JROTC students with support for JA staff
- Go back to school for a day during one of our JA in a Day events. A team of volunteers take over a local elementary school as mentors and role models to students, leading fun games and activities that help prepare students for a successful future. Activities are age-appropriate and teach important financial literacy, entrepreneurship and career readiness concepts in a fun format where the students often don’t even realize they’re learning!
- gingerbread houses & snowball relay races: whole school event
- Southside Dental partnership starting January 7th
- Southside Dental Outreach and MTS Elementary are working together to provide dental care for children at your child’s school. Most routine dental treatments can be done at school, including examinations, x-rays, cleanings, fluoride treatments, sealants, fillings, crowns, extractions and other treatments if needed. If your child requires immediate dental care, you can contact Southside Dental Outreach at (612) 821-2786 to schedule an appointment at the onsite clinic location: 4243 4th Ave South, Minneapolis, MN 55409 (for scheduled appointments you must accompany your child).
- Southside Dental Outreach will see children who have coverage through the Minnesota HealthCare Programs (Medical Assistance or Minnesota Care) or private insurance. If your child has no medical and no dental insurance, we can assist you in filling out the application to get insurance. If your child does not qualify for any of the above programs, Southside Dental has a sliding fee scale which will give you a discount based on the family’s annual income for dental services provided.
- Ghanian Drumming Ensemble Performance – Macalaster College: whole school field-trip in partnership with Secondary students – 1/13
- Minnesota History Fair – 1/16 4:00-6:00
- Winter NWEA Reading & Math Assessment January 21, 22 & 23rd
- MAP Growth is a computer adaptive test created by NWEA that kids take two to three times per school year. The results provide teachers with information to help them deliver appropriate content for each student and determine each student’s academic growth over time.
- When taking a MAP test, the difficulty of each question is based on how well a student answers all of the previous questions. As the student answers correctly, questions become more difficult. If the student answers incorrectly, the questions become easier. In an optimal test, a student answers approximately half the items correctly and half incorrectly. The final score is an estimate of the student’s achievement level.
- Movie Night: Secret Life of Pets II – 1/23 6:00-8:00
- Conferences – 1/24 7:30-3:00