Governor Walz announced today that school districts will have flexibility in making decisions to best meet the education, health and safety needs of students, staff and families.
We have sent out a survey to families and staff to better understand thoughts and considerations about the upcoming school year. This information will serve as a basis for decisions regarding the beginning of school on Tuesday, September 8th.
Data from all surveys will be reviewed by Tuesday, Aug. 4th and further information will be shared with all on or before Monday, August 10th.
Possible options throughout the 2020-2021 school year include (all subject to change based upon impact of COVID-19):
- Distance learning until the health statistics indicate a safe return
- Hybrid model with some students in buildings on some days, other days distance learning
- All in person learning
MTCS has built a strong online infrastructure and is prepared to meet the needs of our students, wherever they are learning. We are ready.
MTCS will provide a detailed plan specifically about how this will work for you and your students very soon, but know that:
- Students will have their own device for learning with tech support
- Students will have access to teachers and support specialists
- Staff are available for your family and students
- Information about food service, transportation and other needs will be coming soon
We are all looking forward to being together again, and whatever plan we begin the school year with, know that our goal is to safely bring students back to school as soon as we can.