Thank you to all MTCS students and families for your continued work and support during the distance learning time. We continue to know that distance learning will continue through April 30th and as further information becomes available, we will share as quickly as possible.
As of today, MTCS will only have essential employees working out of the MTS Secondary site. All other MTCS sites will remain closed. Because we want to prevent the spread of COVID-19, only essential employees will be on site for minimal amounts of time. All meals, technology, or other resources needed to support students and families, will be available by delivery only. Minimal staff will be on site for packaging and preparing meals and/or other needed resources to be delivered by Coherent Transportation only.
Please be aware that delivery drivers have been instructed to only do “no touch deliveries” meaning that any items delivered, such as meals, technology or other resources will be dropped near the front door of homes. Families will need to be aware of the delivery window time and be responsible for getting their items once they are dropped off. Drivers have been instructed to not have contact with families so that we all do our part to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
MTCS continues to have resources available to students and families. Please note the following resources and who to contact noted below and at https://mtcs.org/students-and-families/safe-learning/
Educational Materials / Technology:
- If students are in need of a device and/or access to the internet, please contact us here.
- MTCS also has staff available to help in supporting technology, contact us here.
County / Well-being Resources:
- Know that MTCS Social Workers are here to support all students and families by helping to provide access to resources and navigating diverse challenges, please contact us here.
- If you are an emergency worker and meet the criteria for childcare per the Governors’ Executive Order https://education.mn.gov/MDE/dse/health/covid19/ School-age Care for Children of Critical Workers – State List – 3/25/20, please reach out to us, so that we can assist in getting this established by clicking here.
- If you are in need of meals, MTCS will provide meals via delivery only.
- For the purpose of ordering meals, please fill out the Student Lunch Request Form found at mtcs.org. Because MTCS is now doing delivery only, families must fill out and sign a home delivery consent form. These were previously sent home week of March 16th, 2020 and can also be found at MTCS.org
We would like to also take this opportunity to direct your attention to some additional resources we have available on the MTCS website. We will continue to update this as further information and resources become available.
MTCS is committed to the health and safety of our students, families and staff. We have closed all sites to anyone other than essential employees. Only essential employees will work on site at MTS Secondary for minimal amounts of time for preparing and packing meals and/or other resources for delivery. All staff, other than essential employees are to work remotely and stay home as much as possible. We encourage all to practice social distancing, cover coughs and/or sneezes with a tissue and to frequently wash hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water and follow all recommendations per the CDC and noted via the following link: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/prevention.html
Please visit our website regularly, MTCS.org and particularly right here at our Safe and Learning Resource Area where we have links to key health information and resources to help keep students engaged in learning at home.
Thank you for your ongoing support as we continue to come together as a community in support of the safety and health of all.
Brian Erlandson, Superintendent
Minnesota Transitions Charter School