In partnership with the Governor’s Children’s Cabinet, the MN Department of Education, and the MN Department of Health, join us for a Youth Forum on Covid-19, hosted by the youth leaders of the Minnesota Youth Council THIS FRIDAY, May 15. This event will be live streamed on the Minnesota Alliance With Youth Facebook page (www.facebook.com/mnyouth) from 3:30 – 4:30 p.m.
The discussion will focus on providing information to students about distance learning, how to access support and more. Learn more about the event here.
Topics to be addressed:
- Where can we find credible information/news sources for COVID-19 to avoid misinformation?
- How is Minnesota working towards ensuring a quality distance learning experience for all students?
- What are some ways that school will look different for students once (or if) we return in the fall?
- What should students know about their future college plans?
- How are we addressing the disparities between Minnesota’s white students and students of color–how are we supporting schools and districts that are already struggling to meet the needs of their students?
- How can students find resources to support their mental health during this time?
- And more!!
- Moderator: Hufsa Ahmed, Minnesota Youth Council Member (CD-4)
- Panelists: Erin Bailey- Executive Director and Assistant Commissioner, Governor’s Children’s Cabinet, Minnesota Management and Budget
Heather Mueller- Deputy Commissioner, Minnesota Department of Education
Shor Salkas- LGBTQ Communities Liaison & Health Equity Planner, Minnesota Department of Health