MN Virtual Schools Admissions/Enrollment
We believe all students should have access to great education that isn’t limited to where they live or when they’re able to go to school.
Four Easy Steps to Enroll
1.Parents and guardians, this is you. Fill out the enrollment form (it’s long, but it’s all required by the state, you can do it!) with the information and documents we need to start your student at Minnesota Virtual Schools. We are here to help if you have questions.
2.This is where we come in. MNVS will work with you to make sure we have everything we need, including getting the records from your previous school, and find out anything else we need to know including when you want to start. Things are really coming together now.
3.Finally, students, you are up! We will work with you about what classes you’ll need and a fun part: what electives interest you! A counselor will work with you to build your course schedule, get you all the training and log-in information you need to be successful.
4.You’re in! You will have everything you need (including your own touchscreen Chromebook) to be the amazing student we know you are and succeed in your classes. We are always here to help you. And we mean it—let us know how we can help you.
- Parent/guardian completes and submits Google enrollment form.
- Parent/guardian supplies required documents.
- Staff connect with family to agree upon start date.
- Staff request records from previous school(s) and create system accounts for the student and parent.
- High school student completes the electives survey emailed to them.
- After records are received a school counselor assignments core area classes based upon graduation requirements, typical progression of courses, and the student elective survey. For students who start before records are received, typically English is assigned as the only class.
- Student logs in on their start date to begin their classes.
- Students and families are a welcomed part of Minnesota Virtual Schools and the MTCS K-12 Academic Community.